The folks at BuzzStream and Fractl conducted a survey with more than 900 respondents to better understand why people unfollow brands on social networks. And the infographic below, titled The Unfollow Algorithm, illustrates what they found.
Here’s are some key highlights:
- On Facebook, 25 percent said that they unfollowed a brand’s official social media account in the last month.
- On Twitter, 12 percent of Tweeters said that they unfollowed a brand in the last few days.
- 49 percent said that they never unfollow brands on LinkedIn.
- 21 percent said they will unfollow a brand if the content is repetitive and boring.
- 19 percent said they will unfollow a brand on Facebook if it posts too frequently (more than 6 times per day).
- 22 percent of the respondents said that “images” is the most preferred content type posted by brands.
Check out the infographic below for more insights.
[Source: Social Media Today]