This survey, PwC’s seventh annual study in a series tracking changes in global consumers’ shopping preferences, is our biggest one yet: 15,000 online users representing 15 countries. Among the expectations that global consumers now have are: 24/7 retailer availability, real-time insight into the retailer’s stock, compelling in-store technology, and consistent prices and offerings across all the retailer’s assets.
Today’s consumers have raised the bar for retailers. Multichannel shopping is a given — the price of admission into the conversation. Within our data we’ve unearthed eight customer expectations that transcend geography and product category, and will require that retailers evaluate their business model from top to bottom.
- A compelling brand story that promises a distinctive experience
- Customised offers based on totally protected, personal preferences and information
- An enhanced and consistent experience across all devices
- Transparency, real-time, into a retailer’s inventory
- My favourite retailers are everywhere
- To maximise the value of mobile shopping, both store apps and mobile sites must improve
- Two-way social media engagement
- “Brands” act like retailers, and we’ll treat them that way
Take a closer look at the main takeaways and feel free to discuss and share them! Please, don’t hesitate to contact me for any doubt and follow the hashtag #TotalRetail!
You can find all the contents, video, and much more on www.PwC.com/TotalRetail